American Recordings is the 81st album by the country singer Johnny Cash, produced by Rick Rubin. It was released in April 1994 by the American Recordings label, after it had changed its name from Def American.
The album marked the beginning of a career resurgence for Cash, who was widely recognized as an icon of American music but whose record sales had suffered since the 1980s.
- 180 Gram Heavyweight Vinyl - Includes A Voucher To Download MP3 Version Of The Album and a printed innersleeve ℗ © 1994 American Recordings, LLC. Made in the EU. Recorded in Rick's living room and Johnny Cash's cabin except "Tennessee Stud" and "The Man Who Couldn't Cry" recorded live at The Viper Room. "Tennessee Stud": Writer and publisher information unavailable at date of printing.
- 1.Delia's Gone
- 2.Let The Train Blow The Whistle
- 3.The Beast In Me
- 4.Drive On
- 5.Why Me Lord
- 7.Oh, Bury Me Not (Includes The Introduction To Cowboy's Prayer)
- 1.Bird On A Wire
- 2.Tennessee Stud
- 3.Down There By The Train
- 5.Like A Soldier
- 6.The Man Who Couldn't Cry