Sign o' the Times is the ninth studio album by American recording artist Prince, released on March 30, 1987, by Paisley Park Records and Warner Bros. Records. The album is the follow-up to Parade (1986) and is Prince's first album following his disbanding of the Revolution. The songs were largely recorded during 1986 to 1987 in sessions for albums Prince ultimately aborted: Dream Factory, the psuedonymous Camille, and finally the triple album Crystal Ball. Prince eventually compromised with label executives and shortened the length of the release to a double album.
The album's music encompasses a varied range of styles, including funk, soul, psychedelic pop, electro, and rock. Its release was supported by several singles, among them the socially conscious title track and "If I Was Your Girlfriend"; in addition to a well-received concert film of the same name. Sign o' the Times was Prince's most acclaimed record, being voted 1987's best album in the Pazz & Jop critics poll and since being ranked as one of the greatest albums ever by several publications.
- 1.Sign "O" The Times05:02
- 2.Play In The Sunshine05:05
- 4.The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker04:04
- 2.Starfish And Coffee02:51
- 3.Slow Love04:18
- 4.Hot Thing05:39
- 5.Forever In My Life03:38
- 1.U Got The Look03:58
- 2.If I Was Your Girlfriend04:54
- 3.Strange Relationship04:04
- 4.I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man06:31
- 1.The Cross04:46
- 2.It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night08:59