Echoes” is the Ethno-Wave love child of collaborators Frank Harris & Maria Marquez. A collection of sublime songs dating back to ‘85, avante-pop flourishes are married here to the heart strings of a synthetic Amazon-think MFM’s“Outro Tempo” meets a tropical Sade.
With much contemporary interest in South American electronic music, Echoes is a window into two musicians prescient dreamings of tradition, melody & technology.
Revelling in the embrace of Maria’s Venezuelan roots & folklore visions combined with Frank’s custom Synclavier synth station, songs such as ‘Canto Del Pílon’ and ‘Tonada de Ordeño’ resonate with a charged future/primitive electricity, Maria’s song-to-a-siren vocals mainline with Frank’s lush sonic alchemy.
Heavy weight 180 gram pressing, mastered for vinyl by George Horn @ Fantasy plus2 sided full size insert
NOTE: This is a vinyl only release ;)
The versions of Ethnocity & Loveroom differ slightly from those previously released.
- 1.Canto Del Pilón
- 4.Tonada De Ordeño
- 3.Field Trips
- 4.Bein' Green
- 5.Down By The Río
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Loveroom
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Tonada De Ordeño
- Frank Harris w/ Maria Marquez Down by the Rio
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Bein' Green
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Tenderloin
- Maria Marquez - Canto del Pilon ( Old Original Video )
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Ethnocity
- Frank Harris with Maria Marquez - Campesina
- Frank Harris & Maria Marquez - Field Trips