Mr Bongo official reissue. 2-LP pressing, finished to exactly match the original release, including the 8 page jacket size booklet.
The album is a collaboration between Brazilian artists Lula Côrtes and Zé Ramalho, a wonderfully off-kilter record full of fantastic hooky and strange tunes that range from full-on freakouts to quiet pastoral numbers displaying the entire range of 1970s hippie Brazilian musician culture.
Paebiru is an obscure Brazilian psych concept album about the four
elements that was lost to time in a warehouse fire in 1974. This led to
it becoming a massively sought-after classic, fetching up to $4,000 for
original vinyl copies.
Lula, who composed and played on the tracks sadly passed away in 2011 after fighting a long battle with cancer.
Paebiru offers a very atmospheric blend of both artists' sensibilities: sung and chanted vocals are no more or less important than any of the other elements, which include classical acoustic and fuzzy electric guitar, piano, organ, flute, sax and a range of percussion. It's free and psychedelic, but just reigned in enough to keep it tense and exciting.
- 1.Trilha De Sumé
- 2.Culto À Terra
- 3.Bailado Das Muscarias
- 1.Harpa Dos Ares
- 2.Não Existe Molhado Igual Ao Pranto
- 1.Raga Dos Raios
- 2.Nas Paredes Da Pedra Encantada
- 3.Marácas De Fogo
- 1.Louvação A Iemanjá
- 2.Regato Da Montanha
- 3.Beira Mar
- 4.Pedra Templo Animal
- 5.Trilha De Sumé
- Paêbirú - Album Completo - Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho (1975)
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Trilha De Sumé
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Não Existe Molhado Igual Ao Pranto
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Harpa Dos Ares
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Omm
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Maracas De Fogo
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Regato Da Montanha
- Lula Côrtes & Zé Ramalho - Bailado Das Muscarias