“If in life you feel tired and hopeless, throw out all the stuff that don’t matter in the end. Dance until you’re dizzy. Be your naked and uncompromising self.”
With her new EP Zandoli, Belgian-Caribbean artist Charlotte Adigéry proves herself to be a consummate storyteller. Sometimes patently silly, sometimes deeply introspective, Adigéry’s ever-wandering mind spins tales that are absurd and poignant and ridiculously fun. In the studio Adigéry is joined by known DEEWEE collaborator Bolis Pupul, a descendant of the first and only wave of Chinese immigration to Martinique. After matching on Tinder the pair began to explore their shared histories, resulting in heart-to-heart confessions that seep through the songs of Zandoli.
You might also like
- Immigrant For EverDoctor L
- Ethiopian Modern Instrumentals HitsVarious
- Pantsula! (The Rise Of Electronic Dance Music In South Africa, 1988-1990)Various
- Psychedelic Sanza 1982 - 1984Francis Bebey
- Space Echo - The Mystery Behind The Cosmic Sound Of Cabo Verde Finally Revealed!Various