An inspiring collection of carefully chosen lullabies from all over the world, that will please both young parents and their children, as well as (world) music enthusiastics looking for a peaceful and captivating listening.
Lullabies exist in almost every culture in the world. While they relate to the world of childhood, they also evoke the privileged relationship established through music between an adult and an infant. The lullabies presented here were recorded at different times and come from eighteen countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, and America. They share certain musical characteristics that can be identified from one piece to another: simple melodies, a sequence of short patterns repeated several times in succession, an overall melodic contour following a descending line.
All the lullabies presented here come from records published with a copy kept in the Archives internationales de musique populaire (AIMP) of the MEG.
For fans of labels like Ocora, Smithsonian Folkways Records, Buda Music, Nonesuch and traditional forms of music, ambient, (ethno)musicology, and children !
- 1.Ukraine Lullaby01:51
- 2.Taiwan Lullaby00:45
- 3.Armenia Lullaby03:04
- 4.Lithuania A-a A-a Mažulyte (“Ah, Ah! My Little Girl”)01:05
- 5.Portugal Song To Rock00:59
- 6.Ireland An Irish Lullaby00:57
- 7.Spain Songs For Cradle02:43
- 8.Solomon Islands Lullaby01:43
- 9.Algeria Lullabies03:20
- 10.Haiti Lullaby03:27
- 11.Canada Loving Song Composed For A Child00:45
- 1.Greece Come Now And Sleep My Child06:06
- 2.Canada Ho Ho Watanay00:32
- 3.Rwanda Kamananga03:04
- 4.United States Go To Sleep00:42
- 5.France Nelli Monti Di Cuscione (“In The Cuscione Mountains”)02:37
- 6.Georgia Lullaby03:16
- 7.Balkans A La Nana Y A La Buba (“To The Grandfather And The Grandmother”)01:56
- 8.Romania Cradle Song03:57